Rakeahua day 3
Woke to clear skies and no wind at Rakeahua. Updated the forecast and got nonsense again 😕
I had decided on 2 options for the day:
a. Pack for one night and commit to camping 1/2 way down the Tin range then return to Rakeahua.
b. Pack for 5 nights plus all the packraft gear and commit to Pegasus.
I chose b. based on previous forecasts and if I went with a. then I'd kick myself if it was good travel up there.
There was only one place that afforded any views


The track was easily followable but muddy and slow. As I was approaching the last climb to Table hill the muttonbird scrub got tighter.
At this point I talked myself out of being up there. The weather was perfect and I found it hard going. With any significant wind or rain it would be a sufferfest.

Finding a crutch deep mud hole on the way back to the hut was the highlight of the return journey. A good excuse to heat up a bucket of water and have a "bath" upon my return.